Tuesday, August 4, 2015

InfoPath Data Connection Wizard Failed

Yesterday I faced very strange issue while creating InfoPath form. When I tried to set data connection in InfoPath, it generated error with no reason. 

So I checked the system logs inside event viewer with SharePoint logs and found the following error inside Microsoft Office Alerts.

InfoPath Editor
InfoPath has encountered an error. The operation failed.
Access is denied.
P1: 1202422
P2: 15.0.4569.1503

I verified the access rights inside SharePoint Portal with current user. Every settings seemed fine. I checked on Google. Most of the people suggested to verify the site collection at the root of the web application in order to establish data connection entities e.g. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f8c561ff-11ec-44d1-9d2f-25f36a0a7041/why-is-the-infopath-data-connection-wizard-failing

I verified the presence of root site of the web application. It didn’t resolve my issue.

Then I came across an idea to set publishing in the SharePoint Library. After setting up the publishing details of the forms, I can able to add data connection in my form. 

Hopefully it will work for others, if they encountered the same issue :)